College Age Issues
What types of problems can we treat?
- Failing or not working to potential in coursework
- Learning or attention difficulties
- Test anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Managing social relationships
- Communication skills
- Shyness or social withdrawal
Understanding the problem
A comprehensive assessment of the students academic history and current achievement will be obtained. Psychological testing is available if indicated. The student’s work style and habits will be assessed using research on school success.
The clinician will also assess the students social and emotional maturity.
Treatment of college student problems
- Individual therapy with a problem-solving focus, if indicated
- Written materials that relate to the problem and its resolution
- Family therapy if needed
- Consultation with college staff, if requested and with consent
Our staff has a broad range of skills that can address the problems of a struggling young adult.
Intelligence & Personality Testing/Neuropsychological Testing
Adjustment to Independent Living/Peer Concerns/Dating/Sexuality
Nervousness & Tension/Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder/PanicDisorder/Social Anxiety Performance Anxiety/Phobias~Agoraphobia
Low Self-Esteem/Indecision/Loss of Interest/Prolonged Sadness/Hopelessness/Bereavement
Loss of Energy/Insomnia
Poor or Excessive Appetite
Stress Management/Pain Management
Psychosomatic Disorders/Weight Loss
Smoking Cessation/Eating Disorders
Young Women’s Issues
Emotional/Sexual Abuse/Body Image/Pregnancy/Abortion